[RC] LQ Wish List - Jonni

Karen posted:  I don't want any holding tanks to empty, so no toilet ... the
port-o-pottie works just great ... and no refrigerator -- a cooler works
fine for me.  I do want stove, sink, shower, lots of storage, comfortable
seating, heat, no a/c.  Will a microwave run off batteries? <<<

I have a cabover camper. The items I most appreciate, and am glad I have
are:

the refrigerator, which will run off electric, propane, or battery (but not
long, before running it down). I usually run it off propane. The tiny
freezer will even keep ice cream bars frozen!  Nice to not have to buy ice,
or worry about the ice melting in the cooler on long multi-day rides or in
the summer.

The heater in the winter, which will start with the battery, and uses
propane to heat. (no plug in, or generator needed) It even has a thermostat.
So nice to crawl out of bed, to a warm camper!

The stove, but I rarely use the oven.

And the bath has a shower, and toilet. If you have a shower, you really need
a way to collect the shower and sink water, such as a holding tank, or
portable holding tank for it to run into. While most people do let their
shower/sink or "grey" water run off on to the ground, some places you camp
will frown on that big time. Just something to consider if you want a
shower.

I have a microwave, but it takes plugging in to electric, or a generator to
use it. I love it when I can use it, but otherwise, it is used for storage.

I have a/c, but again, it takes electric or generator to use. But it came
with the camper. Love it when needed, and I can use it, but it is rarely
used in the 11 or 12 years we have had this camper.

We all have different things we can live without when camping. It would be
hard for me to go back to a tent or even stripped down LQ trailer now that
I've gotten used to the items my camper has. Before I had the camper, I was
not feeling the need for some of the items I have.
Jonni