[RC] fear - Pvan19

I couldn't agree more - I regularly feel fear/apprehension before or during riding ( after having my share of real or near accidents in de past ) and the thing that works for me is deep breaths and imagining I am a big limp bag of potatoes impossible to dislodge !

Let your weight sink into the horse, still hands & legs hanging down, some weight in the heel... and just sit! I sometimes sing a song as well ( "I am a big bag of potatoes and I ain't going anywhere")  - especially when my horse goes into bucking bronco mode....or when we are about to encounter something really scary...

some days you just feel more relaxed and courageous than others - perfectly normal!

Same for the horse - it occasionally happens that my horse is feeling particularly frisky and me particularly jittery (like when you're having a major hangover hihi) in which case I just don't ride that day but will do something else with him

also really helps to have a good saddle and maybe some pants with grippy seats, slipping one hand under the breastcollar  - anything that reassures you will help on those days...and when you ride it out you feel great!

Pauline