[RC] horse won't drink from tank - mikek

I had this problem when the automatic waterer was touching the electric fence and shocking the goats. Once I fixed the fence they still were leary of that tank. So I did as someone else also suggested. But first I gave them minerals and salt to MAKE THEM REALLY THIRSTY and then took a bucket of water that I knew they would drink from let them drink from it by the tank and then put the bucket IN  the tank a little at  a time until the bucket was under the water while they were still drinking. It did work. My stock tank does have a heater in it. I use a rubbermaid and have the heater that goes in the spicot so it's on all the time. I also took pvc pipe to cover the cord so the critters couldn't chew on it. It has never shorted and I've never had a problem with it. I even dump snow in the tank to melt for water.
Karen in NY