[RC] help for a rearing horse?? - sherman

 Chris wrote:
My guess is the horse wonders what the idiot on his back is doing when that
happens and the rider will be luck if the horse doesn't panic further.

I've had a couple of rearing  horses in my life. The first was 35 years ago, and there weren't many books or horse gurus at that time to refer to and I only knew a couple of cowboy trainers. I used the "milk carton of warm water on the head" tecnique many times with that mare. Never worked, she pretty much totally ignored it. Funny....I can't seem to remember how I got rid of that horse.

The 2nd one was 5 years ago, my mustang mare. We worked it out with one-rein stops and continuing to ask her to go forward. After that, she was a great trail companion.

Kathy