Re: [RC] help for a rearing horse?? - Cheryl Ann

Well, the first year I had Bobby under saddle (3 1/2yrs old), he reared one time and promptly fell over on his right side. Of course, my leg was underneath him, and in the ensuing very quick couple of seconds, I thought about maybe kicking free with my other leg. But, I didn't have time, as he got right back up so fast... I was secure in the saddle, both feet still in their respective stirrups, waiting for the *blow*, as he reared because he was mad at me. He never moved, and I swear I could feel him thinking, 'Damn, that was my best trick, and she never even came off. Guess I won't try that one, again.' He will be 14 yrs old in May, and he has never done that again. So, I guess he kind of cured himself!

I have seen the water balloon-over-the-head trick, and as far as I know, that horse doesn't rear anymore.

Good Luck,
Cheryl in WNY