Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2325 light riding - Chipnml

LOL!  I know just what you mean.  Last spring when I was out conditioning, I met a woman with halter/show quarter horses who were never even turned out.  She asked me how far I was riding, and I told her "just 8 easy miles...we'll work up to 10-12, then put some speed on."  She was shocked.  Especially when I told her "easy miles" meant about 50% trot, 50% walk.  She couldn't imagine going more than a couple miles.  This is why, if we don't ride with other endurance riders, we ride by ourselves <g>.

Chip