Re: [RC] EVERYONE HAS AN AGENDA - heidi

I have lost track of who said this:

If you are content to limit your horse's potential to fit your own
private
agenda, that's your business.

EVERYONE has an agenda.

Some people have an agenda to RIDE ENDURANCE NO MATTER WHAT.
Others have an agenda to HAVE A HEALTHY HORSE NO MATTER WHAT.
Some have an agenda to KEEP A HORSE BAREFOOT NO MATTER WHAT.
Some have a mixture of the above agendas.
I don't care who you are -- YOU HAVE AN AGENDA.

Sure, Lori.  We do all have an agenda.  That is why it gets kind of
frustrating to hear from folks who are so dead set on ONE WAY that they
insult everyone else's way of doing things.  I don't have Shari's quote
right handy--somebody else just quoted it a few posts ago--but it was the
one to the effect that first she said she wasn't trying to change
anybody's mind, and then went on to assure us all that our minds would be
changed in the long run.  That's just plain what somebody else
said--snotty.

I'm the one who you quoted above--and my "agenda" if you will is to have
sound, healthy horses.  The sport of endurance helps them to achieve their
potential and their maximum fitness, so I participate in it.  To achieve
my "agenda" I shoe my horses to keep them sound when their ability to be
ridden and to enjoy it exceeds their ability to grow hoof wall.  I also
have an "agenda" to breed horses with the best hooves possible.  Yep, that
allows them to go barefoot longer than some might--but it also allows them
to hold a shoe better and be more sound when shod, too.

Where this discussion went off base was when the initiator of the thread
started insulting those who don't do things the way she does.  Pretty much
everybody here has been open and honest and has stated that one can
barefoot IF one is willing to do the work and the conditioning, to pick
the venues where one rides, and to limit one's riding to what the hoof
will grow to accommodate.  Not one single solitary person has said that it
is WRONG to barefoot.  Certainly not moi.  Yet we have been accused of
being abusive and various other negative things because we didn't just
roll over and play dead when these accusations of abuse, bias, etc. were
leveled at us.

I dont' CARE how you acheive that goal. I just hope you do. It  takes a
lot  of honesy and integrity to put the horse first.

Thanks--that's a much more fair presentation than that made by the
initiator of the thread.

Heidi