[RC] EVERYONE HAS AN AGENDA - LTYearwood

I have lost track of who said this:

If you are content to limit your horse's potential to fit your own private
> agenda, that's your business.

EVERYONE has an agenda.

Some people have an agenda to RIDE ENDURANCE NO MATTER WHAT.
Others have an agenda to HAVE A HEALTHY HORSE NO MATTER WHAT.
Some have an agenda to KEEP A HORSE BAREFOOT NO MATTER WHAT.
Some have a mixture of the above agendas.
I don't care who you are -- YOU HAVE AN AGENDA.

Mine is to keep my as healthy as possilbe no matter what. Yes, he can not ride ALL the rides a shod horse can ride IN THE MOMENT. Because he is still being conditioned (after moving from Miami to Oregon there is some acclamation to account for.)

But he rides 35-50 miles a week. Last time I checked, that is not a pasture horse. Last time I checked, that is plenty of excersice. I happen to think I am acheiving the best of all agendas.

I hope everyone feel the same way, too. All horses deserve the best. Hopefully, everyone educates themselves, and keeps themselves open enough to new information -- whether it fits their agendas or not --  to acheive that goal.

I dont' CARE how you acheive that goal. I just hope you do. It takes a lot of honesy and integrity to put the horse first.

Lori