[RC] come on -- it's simple logic about barefoot - LTYearwood

Guys. Gals.

For the record, I do NOT advocate leaving a horse in a pasture to rot. However, that is what many barefoot people do because they opt not to do the work it takes to condition a horse that is going from shod to barefoot.

Or, they choose to put shoes on the horse. (Mabye because they LIKE shoes and maybe because they think barefoot is dumb, whatever.)

I choose to do the barefoot than and I PAID THE PRICE OF LOVE AND LABOR FOR IT LET ME TELL YOU.

But it's a CHOICE. And it's logic. If you want to go barefoot, you have to 1.) provide a natural environment and 2.) condition the feet

If you don't want to go barefoot, then it's not an issue.

But don't say, I'm putting the shoes on so the feet won't wear away and turn into bloody stumps. You DO have a choice. You COULD do what it takes to go barefoot. You just don't WANT TO DO THAT.

Which is FINE. But it doesn't mean you couldn't if you didn't WANT TO.

I think ANY HORSE can go barefoot -- if that horse has someone who wants to do all above the above mentioned work and who DOESN'T MIND GIVING UP CERTAIN RIDES FOR AWHILE.

I didn't let my horse sit in a pasture when there was nowhere to train -- I handwalked him for MONTHS.

It was a choice. Everyone has a choice. And the consequences to bear for that choice.

Lori