Re: [RC] [RC] Let's talk endurance goals for '06 - rdcarrie

Goals do not have to be lofty to be worthwhile.  You're planning to work with your horses and get out on the trails next year.  And you're approaching the sport of distance riding with a great attitude.  I bet you're going to do just fine.  :)  Preparing for and doing your first distance ride *is* a lofty goal...just ask anyone who has never done one.  I know that I was on top of the world after doing my first LD!  :)

Dawn in East Texas (who likes snow, but would not like being unable to ride all winter)

-----Original Message-----
From: Juli Jakub <fahraway@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:44:32 -0500
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] Let's talk endurance goals for '06

My goals are the least lofty of all but no less important to me!! I hope to try and get a fat grade mustang type pony ready for a 25 miler in spring and see how that goes( maybe a 50 next if I manage to get through that!)...newbie endurance rider with a newbie endurance horse....hopefully that does not equal disaster. There is alot I do not know. This means lots of reading over the winter...good thing I live in a place that is -30 alot during the winter...gives plenty of reading time. Lake Placid is not a place for the faint of heart! Hopefully I do not chicken out! I an going to continue to train my 4 year old Morab with endurance in mind and do some dressage shows and overnight camp trips to start getting her ready and use to being out and about. I plan to continue rehabbing my lovely high level event TB who was ruined by some not so good owners and I bought her back to save her life. I am crossing my fingers that I can give her what she needs mental ly and physically ( she is doing incredibly better already! But the guilt that I sold her at all is still there, but I didn't know the people would sell her on to a bad home!!) I hope she can find a job again because she loves to work, but I don't think she'll be eventing at intermediate level again. I plan on being kinder to people ( because that is never a bad resolution to make) and to learn more next year than I did this year about this new sport I want to try.

<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>