RE: [RC] [RC] Let's talk endurance goals for '06 - Juli Jakub

My goals are the least lofty of all but no less important to me!! I hope to try and get a fat grade mustang type pony ready for a 25 miler in spring and see how that goes( maybe a 50 next if I manage to get through that!)...newbie endurance rider with a newbie endurance horse....hopefully that does not equal disaster. There is alot I do not know. This means lots of reading over the winter...good thing I live in a place that is -30 alot during the winter...gives plenty of reading time. Lake Placid is not a place for the faint of heart! Hopefully I do not chicken out! I an going to continue to train my 4 year old Morab with endurance in mind and do some dressage shows and overnight camp trips to start getting her ready and use to being out and about. I plan to continue rehabbing my lovely high level event TB who was ruined by some not so good owners and I bought her back to save her life. I am crossing my fingers that I can give her what she needs mentally and physically ( she is doing incredibly better already! But the guilt that I sold her at all is still there, but I didn't know the people would sell her on to a bad home!!) I hope she can find a job again because she loves to work, but I don't think she'll be eventing at intermediate level again. I plan on being kinder to people ( because that is never a bad resolution to make) and to learn more next year than I did this year about this new sport I want to try.

<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>

The Question of the Day: What are your goals for '06, and how are you going to obtain them?