Re: [RC] LD: It's Getting Ugly in Here - anyone

Best thing you've ever written, Howard, and I agree with you.  I can't even
read the
posts on LD anymore, my box shows there are 300+ unread and I thought no
ridecamp topic  would stop me speed-reading and assimilating the good bits,
deleting those with nothing substantive or amusing to offer.  I just can't bear
the
discussion any more, the same trail trodden SO MANY times a year now.

The
continued myth of LD bashing in my region and that we don't have LD BC.  I'm
more than Weary <pun intended>.  I've spent considerable effort trying new
stratgegies by trying two LD divisions at my rides that riders slotted
themselves
into, one going for the AERC BC and first to finish (next year's 50 entry) and
the
other going for high vet to 5 places. We did BC considering the entire field
for
many years refining the system as we went; it's not hard to do the entire field
if the
vet part of the BC worksheet comprises the COMPLETION exam and is PRINTED on
the vet card for the vet's convenience.  Then all you need is someone to do the
math, which in our case was usually the vet secretary to add up 4 numbers per
entrant.   Riders seemed to like both systems.

Lynne
"distance rider" with an aversion to speed awards on LDs