Re: [RC] LD: It's Getting Ugly in Here - Don Huston

Howard writes: It really shouldn't be about the miles, it should be about the journey with the final destination being a fit and well horse.  Anything else, awards, total miles, badges of honor, are secondary.  If the horse is not there at the end of the day, for you to hug and thank for taking you wherever you wanted to go, the awards mean nothing.
cya,
Howard (be proud of any award you've earned but be more proud of the horse who made darn sure you got it)

Right on Howard.
I try to evaluate my horse as I walk in to each vet check and if he doesn't meet criteria in 1-2 minutes I ease up a bit  to the next vet check. My motto is "We ride for dinner" and (I'm bragging now) We are undefeated for dinner!
Don Huston