[RC] LD / Endurance 2 more cents - mary

I totally agree with Howard.  The horse does not care. I ride LD and at this point have no desire to go to 50's.  I just enjoy the ride and look forward to the vet checks just to see if I am doing right by my horse.  Maybe someday I will want to do 50's, but I doubt it.  I like the trails, being around others that enjoy horses and like to ride more than 1 hour at a time, and I like learning.  I don't care anything about BC awards.  All I am interested in is improving, learning to take better care of my horse - feeding - riding etc.which can be seen by the vet scores.  The only thing that bothers me is the name LD. When you talk to people that know nothing about the sport, they have no conception of what in the world LD is.  Why not call the different mileage rides by Endurance Level 1, Endurance Level 2 etc. or something to that effect and leave the awards for the higher mileage. riders? That way you can tell non-horse people that you ride endurance and they somewhat understand - to them 25 miles is endurance.  When speaking to other endurance riders, you could specify the miles you ride.

Mary O.