Re: [RC] "lite feeds" - Chris Paus

Many horses just don't need any extra feeds. Mine get no sweet feed at all. Just hay and pasture. They are all fat as butterballs.

My stallion gets some good feed because he is 22 and needs a little extra. But the others, just don't need it.

chris

gwcarman <gwcarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a 7 yo gelding that lives on air.  He can keep his weight on with just hay but I worry about him not getting all his nutrients.    I have cut his sweet feed back to a minimum...basically enough for him to eat a scoop of vitamins (Accel)  with.   I see where Triple Crown has a lite feed. It is to be nutritionally fortified so you only have to feed a minimum of 2 pds a day to meet a horses nutritional needs.  Has anyone tried this feed or any other "lite' feeds?   Are there any other supplements i could feed that would allow me to drop the sweetfeed?

    - debbie (MD)

"Kindness is the mightiest force in the world.
Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com