Re: [RC] [RC] LD regional BC - Joe Long

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:10:00 EST, Peggety123@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Renie,
I TOTALLY agree with you.  I've thought this way all year - I chose to ride
LD's all year to try and get the mileage award, so I ended up riding in 4
regions and saw all the the different attitudes toward BC for LD.
It DOES need to be standardized, however they choose to do it - but it MUST
happen.

We all need to write to the LD committe and get them to act on this now and
get this mess sorted out.  The awards program should be open to ALL members of
the AERC, not just those who happen to attend rides that award AERC BC for
LD's.

Peggy Eaton
West

The AERC has never required either endurance or LD rides to use the AERC system
for judging Best Condition, or any standard system.  However, at all distances,
only those BC's judged according to the AERC system are counted towards the AERC
annual awards.  Peer pressure (demand from riders) is what helps pursuade most
managers of endurance rides to use the AERC system to award their Best Condition
awards.

From the AERC rulebook:

9.2 Use of the AERC Best Condition System is optional with ride management.

9.2.1 Only equines selected as Best Condition using this system (with
Best Condition forms returned along with the ride results) are
recognized by the AERC.

9.2.2 Rides have the option of giving other Best conditions besides
the AERC Best Condition if they wish.

9.2.3 The AERC recognizes only one Best Condition equine at any
one ride.

This is identical to the wording in the Limited Distance rules, except that it
says an award "may" be available instead of "must" be available.

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx