Re: [RC] LD/BC - DVeritas

In a message dated 11/30/2005 9:51:22 A.M. Mountain Standard Time, Peggety123@xxxxxxx writes:
Perhaps those of us attending the convention in San Antonio can make it a point to go to the LD committe meeting and start discussions to get this much needed
STANDARDIZATION to happen.
It is a about "choice".

Each award offered by the AERC has variables which will affect the ease or disease with which awards are pursued.

The rider must choose which are more readily attainable.  Then, just go for it.
I've heard from riders whose regions don't offer "enough" multi-day rides in order to "allow" them to be competitive for National Mileage Awards.  I've heard from riders whose regions rides is so much harder because of (pick one) ALTITUDE, HUMIDITY, FOOTING, etc.

I'd like to see a STANDARDIZATION of 100 mile rides across the country...
I'd like to see a STANDARDIZATION of how a vet actually "puts a hand on my horse" at a pre-ride vet check.
I'd like to see a STANDARDIZATION of how vet checks are conducted at each endurance ride.

Focusing one's endurance efforts on the CHOICES available is part of the sport.

Frank