[RC] Gun Season - Carolyn Burgess

Deer season (shotgun) is the only time I won't ride in the woods, so we are relegated to Sundays during the 12 days of shotgun season, unless it is in an area posted no hunting.  We also have bow and primitive firearms (black powder) in Massachusetts, and those guys have the sense to realize that horseback riders don't scare away the deer (at least around here we don't), and with one shot, they aren't going to waste it on something they are not sure is a deer.  The bow hunters are the safest to ride around and the nicest.  It is law in Massachusetts that you have to wear blaze orange in the woods during deer season (I think it is 600 square inches - which relates to a vest and hat).

Carolyn Burgess

--0-180503817-1132678385=:78799--