Re: [RC] Gun Season - osberg

That would have been soooo scarey!  Thank goodness you - and your horse - werent' hurt!  I don't think any horse would have been "bomb proof" in that situation!  By the way - How appropriate that you were riding a horse named "Hunter" at the time!  ;-)

Betty   ~ In Minnesota ~
http://www.rhythmbeads.com/

I've  had one bad experience in 40 years and that was last spring when I was riding a new horse through a very narrow wooded single track.  A turkey hunter shot off a round that sounded like a cannon.  Hunter (the horse) went off as shot from  same and proved that he is indeed not bomb proof.

I yelled "don't shoot - don't shoot" and this male voice that sounded like it was at my left elbow said "I'm right here and I won't shoot again".

I've been a little gunshy about that section of trail and sometimes sing a little song - "Turkey hunter, I'm here on my horse.  Don't shoot please."

Nancy Sturm

Checked by AVG Free Edition.