From: Chris Paus
Sent: Nov 10, 2005 7:49 PM
To: Jessica Spoone-Raines , Ridecamp
Subject: Re: [RC] Boots and vetting in - long

Jessica. If your horse is that ouchy on gravel or rocks getting to the vc,how would you fit him up for riding? Do you use boots every time you ride?

I have a mare who is barefoot and I've got a shod horse. I do what's right for each horse. I train my mare on gravel roads and on rocky terrain. If she starts getting ouchy, we'll have to do something different, or if I start riding more miles than her hooves can rebuild, we'll do something.

but if she was ouchy walking to the VC, I'd certainly rethink my strategy with that horse!

chris

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Kindness is the mightiest force in the world.
Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com