Re: *SPAM* Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] Sweaty Morgan - Barbara McCrary

Another possibility are the microfiber cloths.  They are very absorbent, are available in several applications, from dishcloths and dusting cloths to larger, thicker ones for cars.  I get them in quantity at Costco and have many.  I use them for everything.  They also make great floor-mopping cloths.  I should think, with their absorbency, they would help dry out a damp horse.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 6:48 AM
Subject: Re: *SPAM* Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] Sweaty Morgan

I think you were using a chamois ( pronounced "chammy") you can get them in the car section of stores, (they are used to wipe off the water when washing cars.) That might work, I bought a couple at the Royal last year ( big agricultural fair) the guy said they would be perfect to wipe water off my horses, I just never got aorund to trying them!:-)

have been thinking about this horse, as he is a lot like mine... when I was a kid, a diver, and then again when I had kids, we were able to buy a small square towel that wicked the water off of us, it was much better then a  regular towel as it pulled the water right off and then we rung it out and used it again... I wonder if that piece of Fabric/Towel would help in this situation... if you rubbed it all over your horse, would it wick the water off of him, then you could turn him out when Cool... it might cut a lot of time off of your Cooling time...