Re: [RC] Ortho/Reactor-P/etc - Karen Sullivan

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

:The price you must pay for placing any flex apparatus/suspension between
the saddle tree and the horse,is increased distance between yourself and the
horse.For me,that rules that type of saddle out right there.

*Hi Ray....

Just a few comments also.   As in the case of the RP....the mid-section of
the tree ( about 6 ") rests directly on the panels; which are less than 1/2"
thick, i.e. the tree is not "suspended: above the panels..  The tree without
the panels is also checked against the bare back of the horse to check for
correct fit (width, curve and angles of tree ) The tree points are shortened
and the front and back part of the gullet plate flares up to accomodate the
thickness of the discs.  If this was a traditional English style saddle
there would be a whole lot of flocking in the panels against the horses
back; in many cases much thicker than the RP panels..so no, they really
aren't any higher off the back than a traditional English saddle and in many
cases, are closer contact.  The panels thenselves also are designed to
distribute weight and absorb shock.  The saddle was designed using computer
pressure testing equipment and well thought out....how many other saddles
are designed this carefully?  Lisa J. if any of this is mis-stated please
correct me....

As for comparing them to a Standard Western saddle that has no type of shock
material between the tree and horse except for the sheepskin fleece (and
pad) ...well, that isn't anything I would chose to use on my horses....

RP is the only flex saddle I have owned and have knowledge of; and have
played with fitting myself.  I won't speak for the others....
Karen