Re: [RC] [RC] rude riders revisited - LAWRENCEC BENNASCONI

 I agree, however one situation  has not been brought up.  I was at a ride this year, it was an LD, so my pulse down time was relative to my finishing order. When my horse pulsed down, the timer was in the middle of a personal conversation with a group of others, and did not record my time until the pulse taker shouted it several times. The timer was less than 15 feet away. And no, I was not rude, but I was tempted. Had I been in the top ten and this put me 11th instead, I would have been a little angry.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 5:05 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] [RC] rude riders revisited

All vets score BC differently and many may not calculate and/or use criteria
time when doing BC scoring. I did an informal poll of 4 vets at one ride and
only 2 of them look at data throughout the day.

And since she was in a line of 15-20 horses that arrived to camp at the same
time, others may have been in the same position, leveling the playing field.
I have also looked at a lot of CT rides and found that the top ten are
usually spread across and hour or so [between #1 and #10] so most likely the
"clump" of horses standing there were not top 10.

The flip side is, it gives them an extra minute within which to reach
criteria. So I think it's inconsequential, but others may feel differently
and that's OK - there's always the option to dock my pay or fire me ;-)

Kristen