[RC] re: jackie floyd/questions - jen

First of all, I just want to say a HUGE thank you to Jackie Floyd for writing the Endurance Guide.  I believe it has become my new bible and my husbands curse. ;)  I am planning my "season" starting in the spring of next year.
I also wanted to thank all of you for the stories you contributed to it.  Angie M., your story quite literally made me roll on the floor laughing.  I do believe that I will never attempt a gooseneck. :))))
Anyways...I have a few questions.  Do y'all use elytes as part of your conditioning programs or only during competition?  Does everyone use Beet Pulp all year round? and what sorts of things do you mix with it?  Also, I am looking for a HRM and thinking about a GPS so I can accurately measure distance.  Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance,
Jen M.