[Fwd: Re: [RC] Rude riders] - Bruce Weary DC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Rude riders
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:34:27 -0700
From: Bruce Weary DC <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: jonnij@xxxxxxxx

   Jonni--
  Out west we have a different way of dealing with rude riders. We call
it "culling the herd." If a rider treats one of our volunteers rudely,
they are instructed to apologize to the rider by saying,"I'm sorry, I
was busy cleaning my shotgun, and I guess I got a little behind."
Usually sweetens 'em right up. I'm not even supposed to be telling you
this, but there's more than one rude rider pushin" up daisies (or
cactus) in various obscure locations of the Desert Southwest. We'll
never lead the country in the size of our membership, but the surviving
riders are "right nice."
  So, if you ever do a ride in our neck of the woods, and a riderless
horse comes galloping into camp, don't assume the rider fell off or got
lost.............Hey, somebody's gotta feed the buzzards.    Bruce Weary