[RC] treadmills, swimming pools & heart sizes - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Laurie  linlaurfarms@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Over the years we have used swimming many times during our training. Even
swimming durring an EMP treatment. I was told it used different muscle groups
and put less stress on the bones. I have never used the treadmill myself but
our trainers use them and enjoy the benifits from using different types of
training methods. I found it to be great for the horse that has just been
running around a counter clockwise track day after day. Until they go overseas
and have to run the other way.

Anyway I got a chance to see the Aquasizers (spelling ?)while in the UAE but
never got to see it used. This sounds like a super combo machine. We are always
trying to add new levels to our training. Up hill, down hill, lope, jog,
sprint, walk, head up, no down, it is so hard to work all the muscle groups.
And the bigest problem is getting my old racehorse to use her left lead. She is
so one sided. Ahhhh the reprogram period.

In addition our trainers have started to use heart and spleen testing on the
racehorses hoping to improve the breeding stock. I was told my mare has an "A"
heart, all I know is that is what she gives me ever race day, the "A" must
stand for all heart.

Oh and thank you MR. Ivers (I use Mr. because he is my elder and has earned my
respect)the ERF2 was a big help to Angel. We gave him a few weeks pasture
break, the ERF2 and he came back like a champ last race he never lost his wind.
Oh and no muscle soreness or tying up after.

Laurie