[RC] Bumps - Jeannie Gillen

I just got back from Cuneo Creek in the Humboldt Redwoods and my horses (and my dog) have "bumps" like an allergic reaction to something....how do you know if it is systemic or bites????

WOW.....what a "magical" place....riding in the old growth forest with trees over 300 feet tall, covered in moss, filtered daylight somewhere overhead...deer and elk securely grazing...soft pine needle bedded footing....I could go on.  AND Cuneo has the best horse camp....group and individual sites tucked into the trees, or nestled together around a group BBQ, long group tables, horseshoe pit, showers, shade trees...Great Place...highly recommend going there.

Went to Samuel P. Taylor and Pt. Reyes along the way...equally beautiful in a different way.....Sam Taylor had a LOT of poison oak, but great trails through moss dripping trees.... the Horsecamp at Devil's Gulch needs some rehab....so does the Ranger....Pt. Reyes was gorgeous too....riding during the week you can go on some of the best loved trails...during the weekends you can go to the beach and ride in the surf.....

Anyway...does anyone has any thoughts on the bumps????  They are about the size of walnuts...they are on the body, on the neck and face....kinda like where they would have touched the ground laying down.....nothing on the legs....so I doubt they got it on trail.....no ticks....no fever....
Cuneo literature warned about nettles, but I didn't actual see any??? Maybe it's off season and their "poison" is in the ground????

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.....

Jeannie Gillen, CRTC

P.S.  The reason I went up North, was for a State Trails Committee meeting, where I learned that the USFS OHV Planning Process, now includes mtn. bikes and horses........DO take a look at their plans and how they can affect you.........