[RC] truck & trailer question - LRN8554

With the last jump in diesel prices, I went out and brought a small car.  Now my truck is staying hitched to my trailer all the time.  Not having to hitch and unhitch all the time is wonderful!!    BUT, some spoil sport just informed me that leaving it hitched all the time was going to cause problems with my shocks and springs.  My truck is a 250 4X4 Ford Diesel and my trailer is a 3 horse slant, with dressing room, aluminum, Featherlite.  Any opinions?  Do I really need to go back to all that hitching up?  Linda Norton