[RC] alfalfa fed to endurance horses - Sky Ranch

Where on the NATRC site are you talking about?  I don't see anything about not feeding alfalfa.

I think feeding grass hay is better, or a grass/alfalfa hay (that's mostly grass) but that's just my opinion.  In the winter, grass hay is much better at keeping horses warm.

Carla Richardson

<<Anita wrote:

What is the general rule for feeding alfalfa to endurance horses.  I am still just doing LD's but I do feed my mare alfalfa, not a lot, about 1/4 flake once a day.  I was just on NATRC site and they were talking about not feeding alfalfa to distance horses.  I know everyone has their own way to feed, but what is the general consensus.>>