Re: [RC] Another lost shoe--AARGH--advice needed despite Ti's cautions... - Dyane Smith

Mary Kraus wrote:
I was going to try bell boots today but couldn't get the suckers on--must be too small. I guess I could try a larger pair next time out.

I used bell boots for awhile while a horse got into condition and they seemed to work.  I used the kind that velcro on.

I have a pair of Old Macs that I've been reluctant to try for more than a few minutes because they look absurd--I mean, I don't care about the fashion statement, but they look so huge that I have trouble believing he won't step on them even worse. Anyone used these much?
I haven't used these on a horse I rode (only on one that is arthritic and in pasture).  I also thought they are too bulky.  Also, for what it's worth, the farrier at U.C. Davis said they would be bad for my coon-footed horse because the center is too far forward.

Good luck.

Dyane