Re: [RC] NAEC question - Coujurs1

In a message dated 10/19/2005 8:51:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:
and got pulled at the finish line. BUMMER! Can't think of
anything to say to make you feel better Kathy, but I feel bad for ya. :-(

Haven't heard any stories about the mud up there, but I talked to my
sister in CT and when she took her dog out in the yard her foot sunk in
the saturated ground and she lost her shoe!
Kathy was a trooper.  The vet commission did something different this time.  You had your entire hold time to work out any problems, no matter what they were.  Elevated CRI, lameness, thumps, sore back...at the finish though you only had a half hour.  And it was a good 15 minute walk from the finish line (including all the hugging, weighing etc.)
  The trail was actually in much better shape than last year.  It was real breezy for several days, guess that dried it out.  Mom said a bunch of the drivers came over and hung out at the finish line, and thought it was awesome to see horses galloping in after going 100 miles.  I remember the first time I saw it...and did it!

Nina Barnett and Chewy (KF Zorro)