Re: [RC] [RC] New horse desperately needs new name! - Ag47xAu49

In my opinion, they become their name, be it because you treat them that way or not.  Our new 3 yr old QH came with the name Rowdy. I would not have a horse by that name. Anna (14 yr. old daughter)  and I were watching "Finding Neverland" with Brad Pitt and the name "Porthos" was used. We looked at each other and that became his name. He is truly a Porthos, a portly drunk (on hay, he NEVER stops eating). One more thing to consider is the name and how it sounds compared to the others on the place. I discipline much with my voice and they listen. The other two are named Zebby and Silver. Porthos is a totally different sound so I can scold them from a distance and they know who I am talking about. Sorry about the verbal loose-stool. Beccy in Ut.

PS If anyone out there can find the "meaning" of Porthos, let me know. I have tried to pin point it but have only found him to be the 4th Musketeer and a portly drunk