[RC] NAEC Awards from the OC - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Alissa Cowan amcowan@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi to all of you who have been following along with the NAEC results.  I must
say, as a person who rarely looks at Ridecamp, I was astounded today when I was
looking through the archives for the past week!  My hats off to Steph and to
John, who have done an AMAZING job.  I had never met Steph before last week -
she is am incredible woman.  And thanks to all of you for following along and
being interested in the NAEC.

As far as NAEC awards - Gold, silver, and bronze can only be awarded to North
American competitors.  Since Dom was riding for Great Britain, she won the
award for top finishing off continent rider.  See our Definite Schedule (posted
online at the NAEC site) for the list of awards that we handed out.  I'll post
something a little better over the weekend, I hope, with a list of all the cool
goodies they won.

We didn't actually give Dom and Kanako a medal - FEI would not provide medals
for non-North American competition, as it was a North American Championship.
But we did give ribbons and prizes to both riders.  Unfortunately, both our
Brasilian guests were pulled.  But our gratitude goes to Dom, yet again, for
her help in getting the Brasilian rider to Fair Hill, and to the Mountain Zone
for lending them horses.  We really enjoyed having them with us!

And, speaking of medals, yes, FEI did mess up and put Elkton, VA on the back of
the medals.  Dumb of me to not look at them first when they arrived at my
house!  So for the person who was in MD, PA, and lost in DE (easy to do!) -
your medal should truely say Elkton, MD.  We are currently working on sending
back a medal to tell FEI they messed up, and I believe new medals will be
issued.  I will keep you up to date on that at the NAEC site.

Check out some more photos from the official photographer on the NAEC site.
And keep looking through Steph's photos!  They are great, I love the videos,
and I think they really do justice to Fair Hill.  It's a beautiful place, and
after a week of rain we ended up with a gorgeous day.

My congrats to all competitors for making it to the NAEC - making it is
probably the hardest part!  Although given out 46% completion rate, I suppose
the ride itself was not terribly easy.  So extra congrats to the finishers.

It's been a pleasure being your ride manager (ok, for the most part it's been a
pleasure!).  The endurance world is really an amazing bunch - coming from a
hunter/jumper background, I would MUCH rather hang out with endurance folks!
We made some great friends over the past week at Fair Hill, and I hope to see
you all again soon.

Keep posted to the NAEC site for some more updates.  Special thanks to all of
you who volunteered for us - you all are the best!

Sincerely,
Alissa Cowan
Ride Manager
NAEC