Re: [RC] New Ride Manager Questions - rdcarrie

Actually, that was ride secretary Rae Callaway who pulled that info together and posted it.  :)  It was quite an eye opener for us, the number of small shirts needed.  We also ran out of XL, but weren't as "short" on those.  It was a good tool, having that little question on the entry form...for future years, if nothing else.

Dawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan, Princess of Pink <glenn218@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:00:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [RC] New Ride Manager Questions

That's me, Angie!  I've obviously erred on the XL side.  Too bad the smaller riders didn't point that out to me.  Dawn did good with her breakdown and I'm glad she sent it onto us.  If I do t-shirts in '06, I'll DEFINITELY get more smaller sizes.

You mentioned RM starting from the bottom and going to the top: ALL the good awards are gone by then if there is a choice.  That's why I start at the top and work down...IF I give a choice.  I never did get my shirt from a IAHA regional championship ride where I placed in the top 5.  RM started at the bottom, something like 50 finishers, and ran out.  That bites!  I still remember that too so, as silly as it is, completion awards are important.

I think I'll add t-shirt size to my entry and in the OCER rider book.

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> > One suggestion for RM who give T-shirts. Please get
> > some smalls!!!

Any little woman who goes top 10 has a LARGE collection of night shirts.
The ride managers figure you can't wear a shirt that's too small, but you
can always sleep in a big one. So, they err to the large side.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)