Re: [RC] [RC] New horse desperately needs new name! - Sisu West Ranch

Consider the future ridemanagers when picking a name.  Many horses have names that are spelled wierdly, or are from a foreign or unknown language.  I pitty the poor RM's who have to after a hard day have to figure out how to announce the horses.  Wierd spellings also cause problems.  We have a couple of "Praire Park" horses and no matter how carefully you print, RM's often correct "Praire" (A European clam) to "Prairie" (a grassland, like in Nebraska, where they were bred).  By the way I don't think clams were intended, but that's how it worked out.

My personal idea is to use people or easily pronounced objects (Cigar is a great horse name).

Sisu Superletiw is known around the place as Saami.  I voted for Sisu Sam, but was out voted.

Elegants Sultan (Heratige Elegant x Supreme Sultan) has always been Ranger (even by his breeder), why didn't they name him that??

Now Stevie Ray (after Stevie Ray Vahn)  is Stevie, my kind of horse name (his breeder was sensable).

When Marla's bay half saddlebred colt with no socks and a star  is born in 2007, I will get to name him.  You can bet it will be a people name!  (I believe in the power of positive vibes.  It can do no harm to order the exact foal you want)

Some horses just seem to pick up names.  Much to Wendy's dismay, I call "Praire Park Alysa"  "Scab".  As a yearling, she was always sticking her nose where it did not belong "breeding a scab".  Later she got a bad case of scratches, rubbed her leg and infected her large snip.  Ever since in the summer she gets scabs on her nose.

Ed

PS.  The opinions here are not those of the management.  Wendy likes unusual names spelled strangely.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640