Re: [RC] Dressage horses - Mary Ann Spencer

One of the recommended saddles over the years has been a dressage saddle.  There really should be friendlier efforts between the many different horse endeavors but it seems extreme egos and monetary snobbery play a big part as well.  I have tried dressage and open shows but get to do more time on horseback doiing endurance.  Most have to budget to get to ride.  Unfortunately, most of the politicing is done by those who don't have to budget as closely.  There is room for everyone.  Endurance riders I have found to be much friendlier and accepting of everyone compared to the other areas I have looked at.   Welcome and good luck.  mas
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Dressage horses

HI
I am actually new to the group.  I am mainly riding
dressage with my Arabian (2nd level), but also love to
trail ride.  I did one CTR this spring and one LD ride
2 weeks ago.  Now my horse and I are hooked on the
LD/Endurance.  I will continue riding dressage though,
as I think the training helped us to go through our
first ride as well as we did.
I am pleased to hear that I am not the only person
combining dressage and Endurance riding. I was affraid
that I would receive a few "funny" looks when I showed
up in my dressage saddle, but everyone was very nice
to us.
Coni Chamley

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/