Re: [RC] Dressage horses - Chris Paus

Hi. glad you gave distance riding a try and like it. I'm sure you saw all kinds of saddles and tack. Dressage saddles are pretty common on the trail actually!

I think every horse and rider benefits from dressage no matter what discipline you want to do. Dressage horses and riders usually excel at distance riding. You ride well balanced which helps the horse. The horse knows when to extend and collect as needed with the terrain, and the horse usually is well rounded and moving from the rear forward.

Lots of people do different disciplines along with distance riding... such as foxhunting and eventing.

Welcome to the world of the longriders!

chris

Cornelia Chamley <dr_elexus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI
I am actually new to the group. I am mainly riding
dressage with my Arabian (2nd level), but also love to
trail ride. I did one CTR this spring and one LD ride
2 weeks ago. Now my horse and I are hooked on the
LD/Endurance. I will continue riding dressage though,
as I think the training helped us to go through our
first ride as well as we did.
I am pleased to hear that I am not the only person
combining dressage and Endurance riding. I was affraid
that I would receive a few "funny" looks when I showed
up in my dressage saddle, but everyone was very nice
to us.
Coni Chamley

"Slowee, slowee catchee monkey," Rudyard Kipling, from The Jungle Book

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com