Re: [RC] horses sight unseen - Barbara McCrary

I engaged in an e-mail correspondence for some months before I took delivery of the horse I bought from Montana. I sized up the breeder-seller-trainer and trusted him. During the year following my purchase, I wrote many e-mails discussing the horse's behavior, what the man had experienced with this particular horse, and his recommendations. The horse is very sensitive and tested me considerably before he decided I was worthy of his trust. During the year of correspondence, I felt I had come to know the man fairly well, and when we finally took a trip to Montana to meet him and his wife, we were thoroughly delighted with them, and they with us. The only thing that could have turned out better was the horse could be a bit smoother at the trot and I would be ecstatic.  But his lope it to die for. I doubt I would try this again, mainly because I really don't want to ride a green horse again. At my age, I want something more assured....a been there, done that horse.

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] horses sight unseen

I hear from the buyer's end but what about the seller?  I sure want to have a sense of what kind of person my dear friend is going to spend--hopefully--a good many years of her/his life with.  Sometimes one can get a true sense over the phone/email, etc.  But for my peace of mind I'd like to meet 'em in the flesh.  Best--
Jill in Berkeley, CA