Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2278 Headaches - Chris Paus

I've also suffered from headaches all my life. A
doctor friend of mine gave me the best remedy.. and
I've tried all the prescription stuff... Take 2
aspirin and 2 tylenol togehter at the first twinge of
a headache.

ALSO.... please everyone with headaches, check your
bloodpressure! I found out a year ago I had high BP.
once I got started on BP meds, my headaches went away!

chris
--- Karen Sullivan <greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I hate to get too off topic here, but I guess the
headache things does affect endurance riding (anyone
been on a horse miles from nowhere and had a severe
migraine come on them?) Some of you can emphasize
with this.

I just participaed in a migriane study at Kaiser and
found out that a lot of what folks believe is a
really bad sinus headache  or combo sinus/migraine
is what they call a "migraine equivalent" or mini
migraine. I get both, those and the huge, whalloping
migraines that knock me out.

The study found something interesting.....many
migraine suffers lack enough magnesium in their
diets.  The Dr. said starting to increast Mg in the
diet (and Mg combined with calcium is the best)...up
to 750 mg. a day will often prevent migraines...and
no side effects except for increased loose bowels at
first.  I have been on increased Mg since last fall
and the "migraine equivalents" have almost gone
away.

Check with your Dr. on this or do google migraine
search...the Mg. supplmentation should come up...
Karen