Re: [RC] Weight - Chris Paus

Yes, but don't you think a horse gets more fit if it's carrying a heavier rider? I've often wondered how my horses would do with a lightweight on them. They train carrying my big self around and do well. Have good vet scores in CTR and I've stood a couple of times for BC in LD and my horse has had very good vet scores. Imagine how he'd do with a lightweight on him now that he's conditioned to carry me!

chris

Karla Watson <karlawatson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't you think a horse carrying over 200+ has to work harder than one carrying only 110?? I have heard lightweight riders at rides complain about this and am so amazed that they think weight should not be a factor. (Its usually spoken when someone loses a BC to a heavier rider.) I don't want to start the BC weight debate but if you actually think about it, it makes a whole lot of sense. -----Karla Watson/Oregon
One of my daughters, who just turned 38 and has three kid,  weighs in at a
hulking 115 lbs soaking wet.  The horses love her, but she complains  that
a 200 lb rider has an edge in the BC judging, assuming all other factors
are equal.

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com