Re: [RC] Shoulder surgery - MarisR

Let me please jump in here as a physician.  I strongly recommend that you do not "jump back in the saddle in a month"  First, I don;t think you are really going to want to do that, really.  "Shaving off" part of the bone is like breaking it.  It hurts.  Quite a bit.  and won;t really be healed for 6-8 weeks.
Second, should you fall, have a near miss experience, bump in to something, or other near-death experience, you will be out of the saddle for a much longer time.
third (probably last), if the surgery doesn't heal well the first time, it is really really difficult to do it again to re-repair what has been done.  The scar tissue can be a mess.  Much better to let it heal right the first time.
You'd do at least that much for your horse, wouldn't you?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Maris Ramsay