[RC] Shoulder surgery - Carol Suggs

OK, now that we just went thru the gammet on back stuff...how about shoulder stuff?

I just had a Acromioclavicular Joint Arthroscopy and distal clavicle excision, yesterday.  I was on the table for about 2 hours and they let me come home the same day.

The gist of it was that I have AC joint disease and I had an impingment along with a mass that was growing around my joint.  They went in there and shaved off part of my collar bone to help re align the shoulder, cleaned up the AC joint, removed the mass which after surgery the doc called it a cyst so I guess thats a good thing.  I  am told that I am to go to physical therapy starting on Monday and that its about a 2 month recovery.

I am icing every hour for 10 minutes, and taking my darviset every 4-6 hours and slept in the recliner last night.

Has anyone else had this type of surgery and can enlighten me as to back in the saddle time?  I can single hand my horse so I was thinking I could maybe ride in a month or so?

All my other surgeries were about broken legs, this is the first time I have had shoulder surgery

Appreciate any thoughts.

Carol-Mariposa