Re: [RC] Pull Codes - KimFue

In a message dated 09/22/2005 7:44:48 AM Pacific Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
part of participating in this sport is accepting pull codes.  Stuff
happens.  Pulls happen.  Get over it.  If you can't stand to have your
pull listed, don't ride.  It's that simple...

Heidi
Heidi,
Again, why the negative comment "get over it".  It is just a discussion on an endurance list about an endurance related subject.  Why can't be be varying opinions on pull codes - are you not willing to participate in a discussion of differing opinions on this subject without comments like "get over it"? I am just giving a possible reason for discrepancies in pull codes, my opinion on one reason why they may be happening and suggesting a solution.  I already wrote that we can agree to disagree.  I respect your experiences and opinions but I just don't agree with you.  Why can't you respect my experiences and my opinion.  Why do I need to "get over it"?

In my opinion, comments like "whining" and "get over it" don't do much to encourage discussion and participation on the list.  Maybe that's is what is wanted - I don't know.   Maybe I should have responded to Ed's post on pull codes privately.  No big deal - if that is the case.
Kim