[RC] back pain/fibromyalgia - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Diane Day fourdays@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Years ago I injured my head/neck in a car accident. Not a whiplash - but a
compression from the top of head down. It resulted in bad back pain and also, I
believe, was the cause of the fibromyalgia I later developed.  Medical people
don't do much with this difficult to diagnose ailment except hand out pain meds
and other drugs, so after being given Bextra( like Vioxx) and told to live with
it,I went to the internet. As many people know, fibromyalgia makes for a very
painful living of life. IF you excercise, your pain gets worse, not better.
Riding became hard to face because afterwards I paid a high price for it.
Finally, I found a company called Gardens of Life and after reading up, I
ordered 2 products:  FYI and RM-10.  From what I have learned, chronic
inflammation is now known to be the culprit behind many physical illnesses
including heart disease.  Anything that will decrease the free radicals in our
body ( they cause the buildup of "plaques' that cause inflammation) will reduce
the disease progress.  Products that have grape seed and pycoganol get rid of
free radicals.  Since starting the FYI ( named for For Your Inflammation) I
have had virtually none of the pain I had had. The other major help was getting
chiropractic care that addressed my neck problem ( x-ray showed how much the
vertebra was displaced.  I think its the atlas thats on top, so it was the axis
that came out from under that atlas so much that I gasped when I saw the xray!!
I said "Im not sure I should be walking around with this!) The DC used the
Blair technique - are you familiar with that, Bruce?  If it were a perfect
world, insurance would pay for everyone to get chiro visits - instead the
companies end up paying fortunes for the problems that come because they don't.
DianeD