Re: [RC] Back Pain - Maryanne Gabbani

Bruce, if we can read long emails about our horses' innards and how to keep them healthy, then some for the riders would definitely not be out of place. I walk around with three lumbar vertebrae whose processes (the finger-shaped bones that stick out) are broken off. This is an old injury that I can't even remember, so the odds are good it occurred when I was a crazy kid riding without helmets, saddles, or anything and was accompanied by a nice concussion and some amnesia. Orthopedic surgeons who see these things in x-rays can't believe that I don't recall the injury at all, but then I think they all play golf.

Maryanne
Cairo