RE: [RC] [RC] Horsepool for the Alabama Yellowhammer ride? - REVISED - Rae Callaway

You must get young juniors.  I started bringing along a just-past-junior teenager and I can’t even get her up most of the time to take care of her own horse!

Rae

Tall C Arabians – Central Region

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Merryben@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 9:43 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Horsepool for the Alabama Yellowhammer ride? - REVISED

In a message dated 9/19/2005 3:56:38 P.M. Central Standard Time, christina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

think Karen missed one thing that the hauling person has to do: clean the trailer when they get home from the trip which I personally feel is a huge pain! (pick up manure, rinse off the flooring, tidy up the tack area/rearrange to how it was before you made room for another rider, pick up loose hay, wash/scrub the bugs of the front of the truck and trailer).

Take juniors.  They pay their part, vet your horse in, do all the work and will come over the next day and clean your trailer and camper.....My boyfriend power washes it and waxes it after every trip.  He also washes the truck and trailer before a ride.  I keep telling him it will get trashed but he says I just can't go to a ride with a dirty truck and trailer.