Re: [RC] 50's compaired to 25's...Now start times - Stacy Sadar

Thanks for the input on start times.  I'll definitely take the info back to the committee so we can avoid the issues we had this year.

Stacy

Jonni <jonnij@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Heidi summed it up. If the ride has been held in the past, over the same trail, you may be able to look at previous times of each section, for the different distances, and have a base time line to start with. 25 milers may cover the first section faster on some trails that 50 milers. That has happened in some of our CT region rides. So, you need to consider if the front runner 25's, would catch up with the slower 50 milers, and come in to the vet check in a huge group. We often have the 25's start TWO hours after the 50's. We have very large rides, often 150 - 200 riders between all the distances offered. All vet checks in camp. Some how, we rarely get huge lines.  But do consider your slowest riders, along with fastest, as to timing into vet checks.

Also, consider different color vet cards for the different distances........ helps the timers, vets and P&R volunteers spot them quickly. (that and different number series for each distance)