Re: [RC] ride fees and costs - jen

Sounds like a great time.  I would come but I think it's  to far away. :(
Jen M.
From: Paddi
Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2005 8:28 PM
Subject: [RC] ride fees and costs

I am very seriously thinking of putting on a ride next year in Alberta and sanctioning AERC. It will be the first AERC in our province in years
Would you come to a ride that announced
Bare Bones
If you want a prize bring it
If you want to eat bring food
If you want to drink bring water (or beverage of choice)
If you need a fancy potty bring it
This ride will supply
Vets, trail, volunteers, portapotty and horse water ONLY
Camping is rough (unless you own one of those BIG fancy rigs)
no generators after 10 pm or before 6am
Campfire at night
Advance registration only. (so the packages can be made up in advance)Must be received 7 days prior to ride.
I cancel full refund, you cancel entry fee less $10  no shows no refund
All profit to go to Trail Support and maintance in Alberta

In the past when I put on rides it was overwhelming trying to find enough volunteers, prizes , food, portapotties ect
With this plan I only need timers, pulsers, vet secretary ,ride secretary and ride manager.
I figure about a dozen people should work.

I have canceled the cook, the lunch makers, the parking guy, the gopher who runs around cleaning and putting t paper in the potties and other duties. The gate openers ect ect
Need input  because if I can't do it simple I won't even consider doing it at all.
Paddi