[RC] Urishol, Poison Evil, Mango, and chiggers - oh my! - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Laura T lit@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, since I have lived in the good ole south I have had MANY regional
problems.

First, when you get something get very informed on the subject.  Read all info,
and websites.

Here is what I know and have learned about the following, and yes I have
enjoyed (not) EACH of these, sometimes over and over.

Chiggers ? chiggers are kinda like ticks.  They attach themselves to your skin,
and when they put their mouth parts in your skin, that is what causes the
irritation.  All you have to do is wash your body with soap and water, and use
a wash cloth.  If the chigger has been there long enough and the mouth part has
attached to you long enough, the body has a reaction, thus the itching.  It is
a done deal, so no fingernail polish will help you.  Actually a meer brushing
of your hand can dislodge the critter.  Yes, they can stay on your clothes even
in the hamper, and yes, they can move to a new spot on your body ? migrate so
to speak.  Got this info off the official Missouri Chigger website.  Bottom
line:  wash clothes and wash your body well after being outside, and when you
think you may have gotten into chiggers.  Takes time for your body to get the
mouthpart of the chigger absorbed ? which is the healing part.  And yes it
itches.

Giardia ? well this one is easiest to fix.   Let your body to basically poop
and move it out of your body.  I didn?t have ANY luck with antibiotics.  Drink
clean water.  No I didn?t loose weight.

Poison Oak, Ivy, Sumac, and oh yes MANGO!  Also the redbud tree, and cashew,
and many household plants.  They ALL have urishol oil in them.  The more you
are exposed to any of the above, the quicker and more severe your body will
react.  Think of it this way.  You have oil on a plant surface (includes dead
plants and the roots too!!).  If you touch it or rub against it, you have oil
on your skin, or clothes or even tools.  Unless that oil is washed with soap
and water very well, you will re-exposure yourself or others.  And that can be
lots of times!  Oh, dogs have fur to protect them, horses too, so the oil
doesn?t get on their skin, just their fur/hair.  It will stay there unless you
wash it off.  As soon as the human skin is effected with the urishol oil, the
body will react to it as it sees fit.  Which depends on how many times before
you have been exposed.  Nope, can?t take allergy shots for it.  Urishol is a
different kind of irritant.  Wash the itchy area really well with soap and warm
water.   Zanfel is good, but I have had to use it every hour or less on the
every hour or less.  You will remove some of the oil, then it will erupt with
more oil to be removed, and over and over.  Costco has THE best price on it.
It is worth it?s weight in gold, and then some.  I have been brave and treated
thy self.  Doesn?t work.  My skin is really sensitive and the stuff by Oak and
ivy, dries out my skin, and makes things bad.  Drying the skin is not
necessary.  Don?t itch, gets infected ? done that.  Go to the doctor, get a
shot in the behinny, antihistamine, a dose pack of prednisone, and something
for your stomach, which all those chemicals make me really sick to my stomach.
You are no less of a man or woman if you ask for all legal drugs, in large
quantities, known to man, if you go to the doctor.  I have eaten mango, or
unknowingly eaten mango TOO MANY times, and this in turn has cause my extreme
sensitivity to urishol.  I found this out on the internet that it was the mango
exposures that did what it did to my face. I am careful with pi.  Refer to the
website www.posion-ivy.org  Leaves of three ? leave it be.

If you are allergic to poison evil, do NOT eat mango.  Don?t touch it ? ever.
I hate to shop in stores that have mango for sale.  Never know who touched one
then touched something I have touched.  Paranoid, yeah, I have had it on my
face severly, and couldn?t go out for 2 weeks, then went to the doctor for all
drugs known to man!  I am very quick to wash my hands before leaving the store.
If I touch my face, or touch my steering wheel, or my ?? it will spread the
urishol oil.   Here is a simple equation:

Urishol + my skin = trip to the doctor for an arsenal of drugs!
Your lips + your horses cute nose with the PI on it  = (see above)
Your ear + a listen to your horses tummy for gurgling noises = (see above)

Your horse puts his nose into the PI, and then slings it around to get a fly
off his belly, thus he spreads the urishol oil, you put your ear to have a
listen, and whamo you have the evil on your ear.  You scratch your ear, and get
the urishol oil on your hand, you rub your nose with that hand, and I think you
can continue from there.  Yup, happened to me.

I am itching now from a green headed blood sucking fly bite on my thigh, which
bit me through my riding tights.  I am using tea tree oil on that.

Alabama has not been good to me,

Laura T ? proud to be able to go to the doctor and within 1 hour or less
depending on how fast the pharmacy is, can have 4 strong chemicals cruising in
my body, ahhh the relief.  I get a choco milk and wait right at the pharmacy
door.  I also beg them politely to fill asap.  They usually do.  Also I got a
100% on my quiz of the pi, did you ?  See above website.
Diamonds IN XS ? Is that urishol oil good for sun tanning?