Re: [RC] build our sport - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 9/16/2005 10:23:49 PM Central Standard Time, SandyDSA@xxxxxxx writes:

So...have a 25 only one day and then next week have only a 50 - I bet the 50 costs more.

Betcha it wouldn't...at least where we hold our ride (E. Texas).  The porta potty guy isn't gonna charge us less because the riders leave at 1 or 2 pm on Sat. vs being there all day.  It's $60 per porta potty for the weekend...he doesn't do shorter term.  Food...unless the LDers promise to eat only half as much at the Friday night per-ride meal, that cost is going to be the same.  Vets...in CT region they charge a flat rate by the day.  So it would be the same for a day of vetting an LD ride as it would for vetting a 50 miler.  Trail marking, vet cards, etc. - same costs for paper, etc.  Awards - top 10, BC, high vet score, and turtle - we give all those for both 50 and LD, and they were the same items for each distance.  Only thing we gave the 50s that we didn't give LD was a first place award, and that was donated.  In Texas ride mgmt generally doesn't provide hay for horses...riders take care of that themselves, so there's no cost there.  So show me where these big savings are for LD over 50s?  Would love to learn about all these ways to save money!  <G>

Dawn in East Texas
RM for Coontrail Caper I and II